Business Analyst / Consultant / Manager
Apply for assignment < Back
FIXED TERM CONTRACT OR PERMANENT OPTIONAL.
This is a consulting role in the Project Delivery team with a focus in business analysis, however generic consulting skills and an ability to get involved in a variety of projects is important.
- Business analysis experience working on medium sized projects (project budget c.£2-3m+)
- Experience in both agile and waterfall environments
- Experience in a number of the following the following areas; TOM design, system integration of COTS solutions, project rescue, process improvement, people/cultural change, large technical implementations, Data and ETL, Regulatory/Compliance, product development, emerging technology e.g. AI, machine learning, automation/RPA, IoT, blockchain etc.
Owning, planning and delivering various BA artefacts including BRD, FRD, NFRs, RTM. Stories, Features and Epics
- Experience in a variety of requirements elicitation techniques, including but not limited to workshops, interviewing, job shadowing, documentation review etc.
- Experience of supporting a PM or Lead BA working with solutions teams, sponsor and project leadership to ensure traceability from problem/opportunity statement, to business case, to requirements and solution
- Experience supporting training sessions with end users and defect triage/prioritisation as part of testing
- Experience supporting business case and cost benefit definitions and evidence of socialisation and selling of the business case to project Steering and Executives
- RAID management skills in relation to owned deliverables
- 3+ years of business analysis experience
SKILLSET / KNOWLEDGE:
- ISEB (Advanced certifications) or equivalent Business Analysis qualification
- PRINCE2/PMP/Agile/scrum master qualification/change management e.g. ProSci and Six Sigma or Lean desired
- A good working understanding of the London Market insurance lifecycle is desired, or, alternatively Financial Services or Management Consulting experience is required.
- Strong workshop facilitation and planning skills
- Strong stakeholder management up to Head of Function level as well as third Party Management
- Excellent financial, quantitative and analytical skills/high degree of numeracy
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, unstructured environment and an ability to bring clarity to ambiguity
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, influencing and communication skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both verbally and written formats
- Good listening skills with excellent problem-solving abilities to resolve customer issues whilst preserving positive client relationships (by being effective, efficient, tactful and courteous) and using a high degree of independent judgement
- High energy and passion for modernisation, technology and change, and an enthusiasm for personal development
- Natural curiosity, willingness to challenge status quo and a high degree of resilience.