Claims Adjuster – (Reinsurance, Property, Energy and A&H)
We are currently seeking a competent Claims Adjuster to join our client. The successful candidate will work under the direction of a Team Manager and alongside the Technical Board. The positions are recognised for the depth and breadth of knowledge and expertise in both technical and market wide processes and procedures. The positions require an ability to analyse complex cases with multiple issues and to facilitate resolution where only limited standardisation exists.
- Conduct oversight of TPAs & Coverholders
- Instructing and liaising with solicitors, suppliers and adjusters from agreed panel to ensure best outcomes whilst controlling costs and preventing claims leakage
- Analysis of TPA & Coverholder Claims Management Information
- Involvement with other claims as appropriate
- Perform technical adjusting, as this relates to the risk being processed to ensure that agreed market SLAs are achieved in respect of turnaround and quality.
- Conducts technical checks on insurance documentation to ensure accuracy, this includes using specific IT based systems to support the technical adjusting process with some supervision/referral where applicable.
- Liaise with customers and brokers to resolve queries and issues related to the claims being adjusted
- Input details into the database to initiate settlement / updates
- Complete accurate reporting associated to the claims being adjusted
- Supports team members and customers with complex technical issues
- Supports and inputs to innovation and process improvement project
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILL SET:
- Working knowledge of the primary class of business (Reinsurance, Energy, Accident and Health or Property) to include an understanding of the operation of the policy and associated coverage issues
- Previous experience in managing and handling claims within authority levels
- Knowledge of Lloyd’s Claims Principles & Minimum Standards
- Understanding of London Market Claims systems
- Experienced claims practitioner with experience, ideally in a lead capacity
- Excellent communication and influencing and negotiation skills
- Understanding and application of legal and regulatory issues
- Proactive with strong business acumen
- Competent on the CLASS/ECF system