Claims Director for the London market claims business, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to direct and oversee the strategy for claims handling and business growth across the London Insurance market.
With a primary focus on being the figurehead for claims both internally and customer facing, liaising with customers representing the claims business and wider organisation, you will provide guidance and set policies on insurance claims, as a pivotal part of Xchanging providing a tailored service to accommodate customer appetite.
- Figurehead for the claims business internally and externally
- Contribute to formulating and developing strategic aims and plan for the Company in conjunction with Board and promote and uphold them.
- Lead and direct relationships with key business partners.
- Ensure the Claims function is within its legal and financial requirements and complies with relevant codes and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and manages the strategic planning sessions to ensure clear and consistent direction across assigned area teams; facilitates discussion and provides structure and input into results.
- Support the Customer Relationship Managers and Products Managers for the maintenance and growth of current services and revenue, identifying potential opportunities
- Preparation of an annual business plan for the UK claims services business which considers international business development opportunity.
- Agreement, communication and delivery of the claims services strategy aligned with the rest of the account
- Successful delivery of Sales target (new, growth & renewal) set and agreed with Account Executive
- Collaborates with senior sales and marketing leadership to apply best practice, standardised ways of working and pursuit of global sales priorities and world class selling disciplines.
- Lead strategic processing and payment of claims.
- Oversees employee training to ensure that standard business processes are implemented consistently within group
- Create department strategies and specific objectives.
- Keep Company updated of any changes to legislation and regulations which pertain to insurance claims
- Work towards company objectives that will provide towards the delivery of agreed departmental strategy and team goals by adding value to the Company overall.
- Develop budgets, policies, and procedures to support department and its infrastructure.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven leadership experience gained in a London Market insurer or broker environment, claims service provider including TPA environment which encompasses broad range of claims lines of business.
- Extensive claims knowledge, skills and experience gained within the UK Insurance market
- A track record in building and maintaining excellent customer relationships and ability to develop business and influence at c-suite.
- Ability to design, setup and manage the operational functions for new products and services.
- Strong people management skills with an ability to adapt this to be effective across staff operating at a varying levels of seniority and experience.
- An ability to leverage relationships and technical expertise to support new sales activity.
- ACII or significant progress towards preferred
- Change orientated with ability to get staff ‘buy in’ to major initiatives.
- Ability to identify and prioritise issues which need to be escalated to insurers/internal management.
- Demonstrable track record in the sale and delivery of Systems Integration and Consulting projects into the Insurance domain
- Good handle on financial management (P&L, forecasting, budgeting), contractual negotiations & delivery
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships externally and internally.
- Personal effectiveness, including time management and priority setting.