Head of IT Development
The IT Head of Development will be responsible for leading the implementation and improvement of all development processes including design and development of technical solutions. This senior role offers the opportunity to manage a motivated team of development resources currently working on technology that crosses the International estate.
The role will have responsibility for all development work undertaken along with the continual improvement of the processes, tools and approaches used to deliver system developments.
As a senior management in the IT department, this role provides the opportunity to significantly influence the future direction and effectiveness of the department through its operating model and systems strategies.
- Owning the processes and leading improvement of the core development related activities from design through to release
- Working with other IT leadership team members to ensure processes support the effective transition of projects into and through delivery phases
- Leading development team leads, managers, scrum masters, POD team members and team leaders to identify, trial and implement process improvement ideas
- Contributing to the future direction of the large estate of primarily bespoke systems through the Systems Strategy and system roadmaps
- Facilitating the translation of system roadmaps and strategy through projects system and solution designs
- Providing support to and a point of escalation for project teams when undertaking tasks within development phases
- Providing ongoing support to ensure the continued personal development of direct reports
- Supporting management of and planning for the department programme of work
- ·Supporting project resource scheduling and department capacity planning
- Providing expert advice to internal customers through consultancy tasks
- Contribution to the definition of departmental strategy and progression of any allocation strategic objectives
- Ensure that the FCA principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) is applied in those areas of the business within the jobholder’s responsibility.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Extensive experience in the development and delivery of systems and practical experience of systems design at an architectural level
- Experience in various software development lifecycle approaches and methodologies, requirements analysis, and project management
- Significant practical experience leading and managing the delivery of system development projects
- Project management qualifications beneficial, but not mandatory
- Significant practical experience in a variety of software development approaches including Agile, RUP and Waterfall
- Significant experience in the design of bespoke and packaged software solutions at both architectural and implementation levels
- Experience in requirements elicitation and analysis and process development and improvement
- Experience in the management and development of senior technical team member