Programme Test Manager / Senior Manager
Apply for assignment < Back
FIXED TERM CONTRACT OR PERMANENT OPTIONAL.
This is a consulting role in the Project Delivery team with a focus on Test Management, however generic consulting skills and an ability to get involved in a variety of projects is important. The role is likely to include (matrix) management of test teams and will require both getting into the detail and thinking strategically when required. In this role one would be expected to employ a client led approach to maintain longevity and a trusted client relationship while driving sustainable profitable growth. Doing this by maintaining a good understanding of the client, identifying potential opportunities and selling value add services by leveraging r10’s cross-functional resources. This role will lead the Test capability at r10, for example, framework definition, leading analysis bids and building the Consulting Test team.
- Test Management who has worked on large complex projects and medium sized programmes, with budgets of £5m+
- Strategy definition, approval and management of a variety of test lifecycles e.g. UT/ST/SIT/UAT/Perf/OAT/Regression and market testing
- Extensive testing and management experience with detailed knowledge of test strategy, planning, toolsets, execution and reporting in both traditional waterfall and agile implementations
- Management of test teams, advocating best practice, planning and estimating for managing resourcing levels etc.
- Experience in a number of the following areas; TOM design, system integration of COTS solutions, project rescue, process improvement, people/cultural change, large technical implementations, Data and ETL, Regulatory/Compliance, product development, emerging technology e.g. AI, machine learning, automation/RPA, IoT, blockchain etc.
- Experience working on the customer site, taking ownership of testing assets and the test strategy, defining the scope of testing and quality standards within each release
- Deploying and managing the appropriate test framework and tools based onbest practices but tailored to suit the client’s needs
- Planning, estimating and obtaining management support for time, resources and budget in line with the test strategy and take responsibility for the delivery of milestones associated with the testing process
- Liaising with technology teams and the business to ensure test environments and associated data meet requirements, ensuring content and structure of testing is documented and maintained
- Effective and timely reporting of all things testing from test resources, test case coverage, test results, defects discovered and their status etc.
- 10+ years’ experience of Test Management.
SKILLSET / KNOWLEDGE:
- A good working understanding of the London Market insurance lifecycle is desired, or, alternatively Financial Services or Management Consulting experience is required.
- ISTQB or ISEB Intermediate or Practitioner qualification
- Use of JIRA for end-to-end delivery, not just for Defect Management is desired
- PRINCE2 foundation/PMP/Agile/scrum master qualification desired
- Very strong workshop facilitation and planning skills
- Very strong stakeholder management up to Director level
- Experience working with offshore vendors
- Excellent financial, quantitative and analytical skills/high degree of numeracy
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, unstructured environment
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both verbally and written formats
- Good listening skills with excellent problem-solving abilities to resolve customer issues whilst preserving positive relationships (by being effective, efficient, tactful and courteous) and using a high degree of independent judgement
- High energy and passion for modernisation and change, and an enthusiasm for personal development
- Natural curiosity and willingness to challenge status quo and a high degree of resilient.