Project Manager / Consultant / Manager
Apply for assignment < Back
FIXED TERM CONTRACT OR PERMANENT OPTIONAL.
This is a consulting role in the Project Delivery team with a focus in project management, however generic consulting skills and an ability to get involved in a variety of projects is important. The role is likely to include managing medium sized project teams and will require both getting into the detail and thinking strategically when required. In this role one would be expected to maintain longevity and a trusted client relationship while supporting sustainable profitable growth.
- Management of complex project. Budget/financial management £2m+
- Managing a variety of both technical and business workstreams
- Experience in both agile and waterfall environments
- Experience in a number of the following the following areas; TOM design, system integration of COTS solutions, project rescue, process improvement, people/cultural change, large technical implementations, Data and ETL,
- Regulatory/Compliance, product development, emerging technology e.g. AI, machine learning, automation/RPA, IoT, blockchain etc.
- Experience working in a strongly controlled environment and the experience in defining their own appropriate controls as required
- Experience of supporting business cases and cost benefit definitions
- Strong RAID management skills in a complex change environment within a portfolio of multiple conflicting projects and programmes
- Experience leading project Board meetings with senior stakeholders – facilitating the meetings and help ensure the right decisions are made at the right time
- Supporting the building and managing of teams
SKILLSET / KNOWLEDGE:
- PRINCE2/PMP or equivalent
- Agile/scrum master qualification
- Change Management e.g. ProSci and Six Sigma or Lean desired
- A good working understanding of the London Market insurance lifecycle is desired, or, alternatively Financial
- Services or Management Consulting experience is required.
- Strong workshop facilitation and planning skills
- Strong stakeholder management up to Head of Function and Director levels, as well as working with third parties
- Excellent financial, quantitative and analytical skills/high degree of numeracy
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, unstructured environment and an ability to bring clarity to ambiguity
- Good presentation, interpersonal, influencing and communication skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both verbally and written formats
- Good listening skills with strong problem-solving abilities whilst preserving positive client relationships (by being effective, efficient, tactful and courteous) and using a high degree of independent judgement
- High energy and passion for modernisation, technology and change, and an enthusiasm for personal development
- Natural curiosity, willingness to challenge status quo and a high degree of resilience.