Senior Business Analyst / Senior Manager
Apply for assignment < Back
FIXED TERM CONTRACT OR PERMANENT OPTIONAL.
This is a consulting role in the Project Delivery team, focusing on business analysis, however generic consulting skills and an ability to get involved in a variety of projects is important. The role is required to manage analysis teams whilst on projects including the strategic vision of the team plus oversight and knowledge of the detailed outputs of the team. This person would be expected to employ a client led approach to maintain longevity and a trusted client relationship while driving sustainable profitable growth. Doing this by maintaining a good understanding of the client, identifying potential opportunities and selling value add services by leveraging r10’s cross-functional resources. This role will help shape and lead the Analysis capability at r10, for example, framework definition, leading analysis bids and building the Consulting BA team.
- Senior BA/functional lead on large complex projects and medium sized programmes (project budget £5m+)
- Managing a variety of both technical and business analysis workstreams
- Experience in both agile and waterfall environments
- Experience in a number of the following areas; TOM design, system integration of COTS solutions, project rescue, process improvement, people/cultural change, large technical implementations, Data and ETL, Regulatory/Compliance, product development, emerging technology e.g. AI, machine learning, automation/RPA, IoT, blockchain etc.
- Owning, planning and delivering various BA artefacts including BRD, FRD, NFRs, RTM plus Stories, Features and Epics
- Experience in a variety of requirement elicitation techniques, including but not limited to workshops, interviewing, job shadowing, documentation review etc.
- Experience working with solutions teams, sponsor and project leadership effectively to ensure traceability from problem/opportunity statement to business case, to requirements and solution
- Experience taking a key role in business case and cost benefit definition and evidence of socialisation and selling of the business case to project Steering and Executives
- Strong RAID management skills in relation to owned deliverables in a complex change environment within a portfolio of multiply conflicting projects and programmes and make timely escalation to programme manager if required
- Building and managing teams including recruitment, coaching and performance management
- Managing a pipeline portfolio and ensure all new projects are have clear and measurable objectives aligned to client expectations
- 10+ years of business analysis experience covering a broad range of BA activities.
SKILLSET / KNOWLEDGE:
- ISEB (Advanced certifications) of equivalent Business Analysis qualification
- At least of the following PRINCE2/PMP/Agile/scrum master qualification/change management e.g. ProSci and Six Sigma or Lean is desired
- A good working understanding of the London Market insurance lifecycle is desired, or, alternatively Financial Services or Management Consulting experience is required.
- Very strong workshop facilitation and planning skills
- Very strong stakeholder management up to Director level as well as third Party Management
- Excellent financial, quantitative and analytical skills/high degree of numeracy
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, unstructured environment and an ability to bring clarity to ambiguity
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, influencing and communication skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both verbally and written formats
- Good listening skills with excellent problem-solving abilities to resolve customer issues whilst preserving positive client relationships (by being effective, efficient, tactful and courteous) and using a high degree of independent judgement
- High energy and passion for modernisation, technology and change, and an enthusiasm for personal development