Senior Project Manager / Senior Manager
Apply for assignment < Back
FIXED TERM CONTRACT OR PERMANENT OPTIONAL.
This is a consulting role in the Project Delivery team with a focus in project management, however generic consulting skills and an ability to get involved in a variety of projects is important. The role is likely to include managing teams, account management and will require both getting into the detail and thinking strategically when required. In this role one would be expected to employ a client led approach to maintain longevity and a trusted client relationship while driving sustainable profitable growth. Doing this by maintaining a good understanding of the client, identifying potential opportunities and selling value add services by leveraging r10’s cross-functional resources.
- Management of large complex projects and medium sized programmes. Budget/financial management £5m+
- Managing a variety of both technical and business workstreams
- Experience in both agile and waterfall environments
- Experience in a number of the following the following areas; TOM design, system integration of COTS solutions, project rescue, process improvement, people/cultural change, large technical implementations, Data and ETL, Regulatory/Compliance, product development, emerging technology e.g. AI, machine learning, automation/RPA, IoT, blockchain etc.
- Experience working in a strongly controlled environment and the experience in defining their own appropriate controls as required
- Experience of leading business cases and cost benefit definitions and evidence of socialisation and selling of the business case to project Steering and Executives
- Strong RAID management skills in a complex change environment within a portfolio of multiple conflicting projects and programmes
- Experience leading project Steering and Board meetings with executives and senior stakeholders. Steering the meetings and ensure the right decisions are made at the right time
- Building and managing teams including recruitment and performance management
- Managing a pipeline portfolio and ensure all new projects have clear and measurable objectives aligned to client expectations
- 10+ years of project/programme management experience.
SKILLSET / KNOWLEDGE:
- PRINCE2/PMP or equivalent
- Agile/scrum master qualification
- Change management e.g. ProSci and Six Sigma or Lean desired
- A good working understanding of the London Market insurance lifecycle is desired, or, alternatively Financial Services or Management Consulting experience is required.
- Very strong workshop facilitation and planning skills
- Very strong stakeholder management up to Director and CxO as well as third Party Management
- Excellent financial, quantitative and analytical skills/high degree of numeracy
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, unstructured environment and an ability to bring clarity to ambiguity
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, influencing and communication skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both verbally and written formats
- Good listening skills with excellent problem-solving abilities whilst preserving positive client relationships (by being effective, efficient, tactful and courteous) and using a high degree of independent judgement
- High energy and passion for modernisation, technology and change, and an enthusiasm for personal development
- Natural curiosity, willingness to challenge status quo and a high degree of resilience.