Team Manager / Consultant
Apply for assignment < Back
Our client requires a Team Manager responsible for achieving production targets through the smooth and efficient operating of running a Claims team. The role involves a strong element of team support and leadership, interpersonal, management and customer relations’ skills. Excellent personal organisation and prioritisation skills are required along with the ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
- Prepare volume forecasts for next period using historic data and awareness of current conditions
- Produce a fully-balanced capacity plan focusing on delivery of business objectives through effective utilisation of team.
- Allocate work and resources to optimise daily outcomes
- Monitor in-day achievement against work plan
- Maintain accurate records of time spent on diverted activity and how staff time is distributed
- Take corrective action to re-plan and re-prioritise at critical points
- Work co-operatively with colleagues to solve capacity management issues and achieve production objectives
- Recognise commercial opportunities and progresses them through the correct channels
- Maintain effective relationships with customers at all stages (internal & external)
- Conduct monthly 1:1s; providing constructive feedback, actions to resolve underperformance and ensure all training is supported with training plans and monitors performance against training plans.
- Ensure team are adherent to agreed SLA’s and KIPs
- Report and monitor against agreed SLA’s and KPI’s
- Promote development for high performing individuals and a positive attitude towards change within the team
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILL SET:
- Previous experience of managing a large team in the Insurance sector, preferably Claims
- Effective negotiation skills
- Able to analyze, investigate & interpret data and information and draw out conclusions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and uses initiative, helping and providing guidance to colleagues
- Positive towards change and innovation initiatives with an ability to analyse change activities and their potential impact, understanding the implications of change both locally and wider and can articulate these where necessary