Technical Team Lead
Our client is seeking an experienced Technical Team Lead who will be responsible to lead the team of Software Developers within IT Development, delivering business critical projects whilst maintaining high morale.
The senior role offers an opportunity to embrace and support the IT Development engineering best practices and development methodology, whilst ensuring the team and personal targets are met as advised by management.
- Oversee the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team, ensure that they are suitable and match the corporate best practices
- Work closely with the business and Engineers on issues related to design, requirements and support
- Ensure that development standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high-quality software. Ensure that all Engineers within the team understand and follow existing IT standards.
- Work closely with other team leaders and development teams when necessary to create software that is cohesive.
- Work closely with peers in the business to fully understand the business process and requirements.
- Gain enough business knowledge to be able to actively participate in specifying software solutions for business needs.
- Ensure that all software developed within your team satisfies the business requirements as specified
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule.
- Show flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the business.
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems.
- Perform support as required
- Write code, as required, using the programming languages for the relevant development area.
- Lead a team of software Engineers in the creation of high-quality software within agreed project deadlines.
Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team member
Build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you will engage with.
Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
Proactively report and manage upwards to management and the business, so that they are well informed of the work currently in development.
Implement team goals and objectives
Supervise, train and guide team members
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable programming ability with in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques.
- Proven ability of tackling challenging projects.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle from design to deployment
- A proven track record of developing high quality software to business specification whilst understanding processes and requirements.
- Experience using SCRUM or other Agile methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience recruiting staff and building development teams.